VIP DAY!!! 04/30/2012
Yes, it's here and it's all for YOU!! Your very own VIP Day!
What type of project have you always wanted to accomplish at your home but just
can't seem to get it done? Do you need fresh color ideas? New accessories? Do you have a few areas that need to be uncluttered and brought back to life?
If you answered YES, to any of these, or have other areas that you just need a second opinion on, THIS DAY IS FOR YOU!!
One Day, All About You! How does that sound?
I've seen others offer this service online and they typically start at around $1000.00 for the day. I recently found another for $750 and one for $500.
Your VIP DAY, booked in May or June is only $250.00!! You get myself and a member of my team(if necessary) for 6 hours focused completely on you and your home!!
We can work on any of the following ideas:
Re-purpose or purchase new accessories, artwork, pillows, rugs
Stage for Resale
De-clutter and organize
Select new paint colors
Remodeling Project Planning
Select new fixtures such as lights, plumbing, hardware, etc.
We can choose from this list or discuss other options and/or combine several of these.
It's all about YOU!!
Call or email Donna to learn more!!
I hope we can change the idea that Interior Design is expensive. It can actually save you hundreds, sometimes thousands of dollars! You know you're guilty of buying 4 gallons of paint for the living room. Or how about returning a rug, lamp or end table two to three times because you take it home and it's not the right one?
Wouldn't your time and money be better spend hiring a Design Expert to do the research for you so you can make the purchase one time??
I thought I would share with you some of the mistakes I see most often in hopes to keep YOU from making any of the same.
1. Choosing paint colors before you purchase bedding/furniture/draperies for your room.
Remember: you can always find a paint color to match the furniture and accessories for your room. You can't always find furniture/pillows/draperies to match your exact paint color. You can certainly find a paint color that you love and WANT to paint your room but search for the items to work with your color first before you committ. It may be your color is good but you may need to adjust it a shade or two that works best with your furniture and other items you want for the room.
2. Buying a home without taking into consideration the furniture and artwork you already own.
This happens often when families merge together. A newlywed couple decide they are going to buy a house together. They move in and they both bring all of their stuff and then don't know what goes where or what to get rid of. Of course he wants to get rid of her stuff and vice versa. Now what??
HIRE A DESGINER!
This will save you alot of money and alot of arguments!! Really!!
A designer can look at both spaces and at your current furniture and help you decide what to keep and where it goes. You can sell what doesn't work, store it, or recover it. But don't wait until you are in the home and the stuff is sitting everywhere. This will cause you grief you don't need.
I always say..purchase things you love. Although this is true, it doesn't mean every piece needs to be in the living room on the mantle or bookshelves. Purchase with intention. Purchase pieces for a specific place with a specific purpose. Mirrors can make spaces appear larger. Pictures can add color and used in a collage or as a set, can fill spaces adequately. Accessories bring color, personality and style, when chosen correctly. Just because someone gave you a crystal vace or a clock, doesn't mean it has to be placed in your newly designed living room.
4. Yes, cover the windows with something! If you have a great view and don't want to cover it that's fine but there are soo many choices to add warmth, color, design to any room with a variety of shades, panels, valances, etc. Adding window coverings to a room is like putting on jewelry or lipstick; it's that little extra that makes a big impact. This does NOT have to cost alot of money! Again, call your favorite designer and look into options.
Creative Design has a new program that you can use select fabrics and have custom size treatments made for significantly less than custom!
5. Building new? Make sure you take into consideration all that you want to achieve in your new space!! Consider all of your storage needs, pet needs, future in-law needs, holiday decorating, outdoor lighting, office space, furniture placement, outlets, etc. A floorplan can look great in a catalog but make sure you design it to fit your lifestyle! A designer or architect who has years of experience can help you consider all of the "little" things that make a big difference after you move in.
If you need assistance with any design projects you're working on or considering in the future, you can call us for a FREE consultation! We would love to help you design SMART and STYLISH spaces!!
Don't forget the windows! 03/14/2012
I work with many homeowners that live on the water and they don't want to miss their fabulous view. Who could blame them? However, you can cover your window or at least dress them so they add the color, personality and style that every room deserves.
Consider using solar shades that protect from the glare but still allow the view. How about a cellular or roman shades with a cordless, top down bottom up option for optimum versatility? We can also get creative with all types of fabric valances, side panels etc. to spruce up your space without alot of heaviness or coverage.
If you're building a new home, keep in mind the type of window coverings you may want to have when you're choosing sconces, light switches, window trim etc. Sometimes window treatments are not thought of until later and homeowners are disappointed when they realize they have to reach around to get to light switchens or that they will cover the expensive, detailed trim that they purchased around their windows.
As always, call us for assistance with your window coverings, we're so happy to help.
Tips for Spring 02/17/2012
It is that time of year again! Spring, ah yes...fresh flowers, sunshine, and ooohh wow, look at those windows! Yuck! It is time to clear the cobwebs, wash the windows and freshen up the place. Here are a few tips to get you going:
1. Pay attention to the draft coming through your windows. If your hair is blowing in the wind, it may be time to get an estimate for new windows. Also check the wood trim for cracks, leaks, etc. Oftem times we don't even know there's a probem because we never stop to look behind the curtains.
2. Speaking of curtains. How old are they? Are the linings yellowed? Are the fabrics still vibrant and hanging nicely? If not, consider an updo. It is possible we could change the lining, maybe add a fringe or an accent fabric and create a new look.
3. Accessories! If you haven't taken down Christmas yet, let's do that now. If you have spring accessories that you've stored during winter, it's time to bring them out again. If you don't have any, or need to purchase new, consider pillows, vases, spring flowers, pots, new picture frames, greenery etc.
4. We can't forget maintenance items such as furnace filters, vents, ceiling fans, light fixtures, the top of cabinetry etc. These places collect dust after only a short period of time so don't forget to have them cleaned.
5. Check the condition of your carpet. If it is fairly new, simply hiring a great carpet cleaning company should suffice. It its been 10 years or more, it may be time to consider replacing it. Not just because of wear and tear and old traffic patterns but also for an update.
6. There are many other simple things to consider like new shower curtains, fresh new hand towels, kitchen and entry rugs, etc.
7. Not ready to buy new but want a fresh look?? Call Creative Design and say, " I need a ROOM MAKEOVER!" We love to do it. We simply remove the items from your room(unless of course they're really heavy) and we place them back, often times in new locations.
8. ORGANIZING!! How do those closets look? Junk drawer in the kitchen? How about the pantry? With all the cool baskets and racks and storage savers out there, there just isn't a reason to be disorganized anymore. Call us if you just can't bear it and we'll take care of it.
Creative Design today and we'll help you get "Spring Ready!"
Women that Rock!! 01/27/2012
Would you like to be one? If you already think you are one, you
may want to be a part of a new group.
Definition: A women that takes charge of her life and designs it the way she wants to. She figures out how to balance her career, her family and her health. She doesn’t make excuses or fly off the handle when things don’t go her way; she creates the path she wants to travel on.
that Rocks can be a domestic engineer or the CEO
of a corporation or a small business owner. Whatever she does, she does it with the utmost integrity and passion. She doesn’t settle for second best nor is she perfect at everything. She realizes her strengths and knows when to lean on others for support.
that Rocks has a certain influence and draw to
her that is sometimes unexplainable yet you know somehow you want to know her.
She is someone that others desire to be like. The great thing about this type of
woman is she is happy to share her secrets, her passion, and her style with
anyone. She isn’t selfish or rude but is absolutely self-confident and reliable.
The world needs Women that Rock because they believe in things
and they fight for them. They create businesses, they launch new products, they
make things, they mold and support their family, and they build life into their
children, and are a great friend when you need one.
If you are wondering who you know that is a Woman that Rock s
consider these examples:
Mother Theresa… A woman of notoriety that loved those less fortunate. She showed us
all how to love and care for one another.
Susan B Anthony…She fought for 50 years for women’s rights.
Clara Barton…She founded the Red Cross.
Harriet Tubman…This woman started the Underground Railroad and brought slaves to
Oprah Winfrey…She came from a very poor family and lived in times when people
treated colored people very poorly. She rose above her circumstances and gives
back in big ways to others.
Whether or not you agree with everything these women did or
shared is irrelevant. The point is they believed in themselves and created
change. They saw a problem and they solved it. They had a passion and they
I’m not saying that the only way to be an incredible woman you
need to create something massive or be a TV show host, but know that you are a
leader; of your home, your children, your relationship with others. We need
leaders. We need people with passion, strength, integrity. We need people that
care about relationships. We need moms that want their children to grow up in a
world that is safe, caring, responsible, with rights like freedom, job security,
home ownership, fulfilling careers, etc.
A Woman that Rocks takes her place in the world and accepts the
challenge to make it better because she believe she can and accepts the
responsibility of bringing her gifts and abilities to serve others.
If you’re ready to Rock on with us, please visit our Facebook
page titled Women That Rock or email Donna at email@example.com
and ask for an add.
If you are someone reading this and your heart is pounding
because you want to be this person but aren’t sure what your unique
contribution is, email Donna for a free 15 minute consultation about how to
become a Woman That Rocks!!!
First Post! 01/27/2012
Start blogging by creating a new post. You can edit or delete me by clicking under the comments. You can also customize your sidebar by dragging in elements from the top bar.